Thursday, November 01, 2007

MOCKBOARD

OKay so one thing I know i need to work on is... PAPERWORK! I have a hard time with that. I wasn't sure what to take them at what time. But it worked out fine. My patient was almost twenty minutes late!! So I was ten minutes late for check in. THis was supposed to take thirty minutes off my scale time. BUt I think I did pretty good at the check in part if I did it only ten minutes late... That's pretty much ten minutes early :) I should get bonus points!! J/k ONe thing I need to look for in a board patient is a BIG mouth!! MY pt's mouth was pretty small. It was difficult to fit my ultra sonic in at the correct angles. BUt I think it was okay. I didn't think I'd do that well, but I only missed two spots. Atleast I could feel them with my explorer. I was one minute late for check out. That took off three. oops.
Being an examiner for mockboard was pretty good too. I got to feel the calculus and I think I did pretty well finding it. But I was a little shy to say "this is calculus" I felt it but I would've been more confident to try getting it off then say this is calculus.

Next Mockboard
-find pt with big mouth, least crowding possible,easily removed calculus,no third molars, I think that's all
Dr. Nayler said she cleaned her pt up before her boards so there wasn't too much to do... just enough. That's a good Idea. I feel Like I spend a lot of time on the anteriors, but I don't get credit for that area really.
THat's that!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home